Description of navigation planning system on LAVDIS
The comprehensive system of navigation planning on LAVDIS consists of monitoring for all navigation services on waterways in the Czech Republic.
The main goal is:
The main base of all system is cetral database on LAVDIS server, on which there are registered all information about coming through lock chambers in the Czech Republic and travelling of all separate vessels. This database uses following connections:
The access to system is solely for registered users. The big accent is set on data security, which represent business secret. Separate operators and other subjects have access to information solely about their own vessels, National navigation organisation has at disposal general information for safety purposes without bussines data.
The vessels without board equipment
The vessels without any board equipment, or more precisely their operators, will be able to use navigation planning system LAVDIS, on two levels:
- solely for monitoring real time of coming through lock chambers in the Czech Republic (in future - and in abroad)
- navigation planning in www LAVDIS environment
During navigation planning in www environment, user sets for each separate navigation its start and end (ports), separate vessels participating this navigation, cargo type and other parameters. During own navigation there is evaluated time plan automatically, the vessels are login for coming through lock chambers in advance, and especially there are received messages about real water situations and restrictions, which can affect the navigation.
The vessels with board unit
The vessels with board unit (with personal computer) are connected to Internet via activity network and equipped GPS receiver (position from satellite navigation system). These vessels can improve special software LAVDIS for position monitoring including other suport services.
This program enables for example:
- displaying real position in river km including real position transfer to LAVDIS server, competent user can get information about real vessel position by common access to internet including navigation history
- automatic evaluation of navigation plan observance including login for coming throught lock chambers
- communication possibility with dispatching centre by short messages, National navigation organisation, Povodi organisation etc.
- receiving and displaying real messages about water situation and relevant restrictions on waterways
- transfer camera sheets from board to server
- next funcitons: board compass, possibility of next sensors connection (for example: fuel etc) with data transfer to server
Appropriate software is free for interested users, during year 2006 will run testing in real operation running. In III. Q 2006 we suppose, that it will be possible to equiped next vessels according requests. The condition for successful function is good industrial personal computer in pilot house.
The contribution for transporters is especially getting free appropriate software including access to central database. Operating costs are only costs for Internet connection. Next it will be possible to use this system for distribution elektronic cargo documets including reports about end-sailing to ports in the Czech Republic and on the lock chambers.
More detailed information are available on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Actual state of navigation planning system implementation
In 2005 we managed to get into operation this central database, test prepare general part with general information about waterways and especially design software for vessels monitoring by GPS. The technology uses common components as standard PC with mobil connection to Internet via phone GSM and suitable anthenna GPS. During year 2006 some vessels will be equiped with this system and it will be tested in real conditions. Next system will be connected with each lock chambers on Labe and skippers and national waterways organisation will have overview about coming through lock chambers.